Project Page by Louise Lankau - SCHS Librarian
Last Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- National Library of Medicine
Understanding Medical Words: A Tutorial from the National Library of Medicine. This is an engaging slideshow you don't want to miss!!
- MedlinePlus - Medical dictionary
Type the word that you would like to find. If you're not sure of the spelling, type the first few letters, followed by an asterisk(*).
MedTerms medical dictionary is the medical reference for MedicineNet.com. Our doctors define difficult medical language in easy-to-understand explanations of over 16,000 medical terms
- Online Medical Dictionary
A free online medical dictionary search engine for definitions of medical terminology, pharmaceutical drugs, healthcare equipment, health conditions, medical devices, specialty terms and medical abbreviations.
This is an academic search engine that will produce great results. You won't have to worry about bogus, biased, or unreliable information.
Steps to find a Medical Dictionary
- Type medical terminology in the search box.
- From Academic Search Complete, click on Choose Databases.
- Check Health Source - Consumer Edition
- There is a "Medical Dictionary" tab at the top.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Which resource helped you the most?