Your assignment is to research cultural groups in Early 19th century America as well as the authors belonging to these groups.
This libguide is arranged in the order of your teacher's assignment below. See tabs above to find each section.
- Native Americans- Hopi, Yuchi, and Iroquois - "creation Myths"
- Slaves- Frederick Douglass, Solomon Northup, Olaudah Equiano
- Women- Phillis Wheatley, Abigail Adams, Harriet Jacobs
- Revolutionaries- Patrick Henry
- Puritans- William Bradford, Jonathan Edwards
1. You will compose an electronic movie or collage using Animoto by assembling text, photos, music, and video clips that reflect the message of the group/culture you have been studying. Be sure to connect the information to this group’s idea of freedom.
2. Your collection should include the following:
6-12 images of the people from culture (1 must illustrate a line from the short story along with your own words to explain the meaning)
2 facts from a person connected to this culture
2 historical facts from the culture
2 or more sound clips from culture
1 video clip (bonus)