There are many ebooks in the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
Harris County residents will, for the first time, be able to apply for and receive a library card completely online and gain immediate free access to a wide range of digital content including streaming movies, eBooks, online research tools, even complete digital editions of popular magazines.
Why use Britannica?
The library recommends subscription online databases because they are a collection of reliable resources such as...
- respected magazines and newspapers
- scholarly journals
- newswire services
- image and video libraries
Start with Britannica Online. Find background as well as in-depth information about your topic. Remember to look for the video and image libraries, links to journal articles and recommended websites.
|Subject Guide to Databases|
Find books in the Library Catalog.
Search person's last name. Title or subject searches will work.
Also click below for resource lists of biographies on famous people. If the links don't work, go to Destiny and follow the directions below.
- look for "Resource Lists" to the left - then look to the top right for the Public list tab.
- Click on tab to open, then scroll down for the biography lists.
- This will help you locate specific books in the biography section, which is located in the back of the library.
- The Biogaphy section is aranged by the famous person's last name.
The first three letters will be noted on the call number in Destiny.
For example: Frank Lloyd Wright - the famous architect will be found in the B section of biography. Call #: B WRI
- Biography - Architects
- Biography - Artists
- Biography - Authors
- Biography - Musicians
- Biography - Philosophers
Need more time to work on your project?
M-W 7:00 - 4:00
Th. 9 - 4:00 Fri. 7:00- 3:00