Click on Destiny Catalog to see a resource list of Mythology books. Although, these books have been pulled and placed on a book cart for your convenience, this link will help you decide which books will be the most helpful for your topic. Click on the title of each book for additional information.
Currently, there are 4 resource lists for Mythology.
Choose the correct volume for your god or goddess. For example, Zeus would be found in the volume that is labeled Sig - Zeu.
World book Encyclopedia
Check the spines on the World Book for the volume you need. For example, Zeus would be found in Volume 19, labeled WXYZ.
Help with Citations and Examples
Find other helpful information such as: a sample MLA paper, Works Cited list, and a bibliography generator called EasyBib.
Explanation and Examples for MLA8: Citing a Book, a Reference Book, or a Multi-Volume Work
1. Citation for a Book:
- Title of source.
- Publication date,
- Page numbers
Begin the entry with the author’s last name, followed by a comma and the rest of the name, as presented in the work. End this element with a period.
Said, Edward W. Culture and Imperialism. Knopf, 1994.
Title of source
The title of the source should follow the author’s name. Depending upon the type of source, it should be listed in italics or quotation marks.
A book should be in italics:
Henley, Patricia. The Hummingbird House. MacMurray,
2. Article in a Reference Book (e.g. Encyclopedias, Dictionaries)
For entries in encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference works, cite the piece as you would any other work in a collection but do not include the publisher information. Also, if the reference book is organized alphabetically, as most are, do not list the volume or the page number of the article or item.
"Ideology." The American Heritage Dictionary.3rd
3. A Multivolume Work
When citing only one volume of a multivolume work, include the volume number after the work's title, or after the work's editor or translator.
Quintilian. Institutio Oratoria. Translated by H. E. Butler,
vol. 2, Loeb-Harvard UP, 1980.
The Purdue OWL. Purdue U Writing Lab, 2016.
Search Encyclopedia Britannica
Check for background information about your topic here.
There are many ebooks in the Gale Virtual Reference Library. . Before you search the GVRL widget, look down to the next box. It contains a screen shot of several books, as well as a helpful explanation of how to use these books successfully. Click on the Orange link.
Need more time to work on your project?
M-W 7:00 - 4:00
Th. 9 - 4:00 Fri. 7:00 - 3:00
Just for Fun
Do you like graphic novels? Here's a graphic novel in ebook format that doesn't have to be checked out, as long as you set up your own personal account in Destiny. It's not only easy, but also very useful. Other advantages of having your own log-in include...
- being greeted by name, when you log in
- being able to renew your books online, from home. We allow you to renew one time, giving you an extra two weeks to read your books.
- being able to request a book from another school in Humble ISD. Use this option only when we don't have the book you want in the Summer Creek Library.
- being able to read ebooks from the Follet Shelf.
- Click on Destiny Quest.
- Click on the log-in tab on the upper right side of your screen.
- Type in the same information as you use when you log into any computer at SCHS. Destiny is synced to this log-in.
- Notice that you are now greeted by name.
- Begin a search for the graphic novel ebook entitled Jason and the Golden Fleece.
- When you see this ebook, sign in using your new Destiny account.