Assignment Guidelines from your Teacher
1. What is origami or paper folding?
2. A brief history and origin(s) of origami.
3. What origami are you going to make in this project? Describe the origami.
Prepare the following products
Write an essay between 250 - 1,000 words and turnitin.
You will submit one origami folded and one unfolded.
- On the unfolded one, trace all of the lines and label the intersections as points on the origami paper.
- Write 10 statements (unless teacher changes amount) that detail geometric structures existing in the origami folds.
You will be provided with a list of vocabulary words to work from.
(Example: Triangle ABC is reflected across segment BC to create Triangle DCB)
Search Encyclopedia Britannica
Find an informative article about the history of origami here.
Find more about the history of origami here. Type in origami to locate an ebook.
Math and Origami - Robert Lang
Books in the Library
Find a selection of similiar origami books, in the Makerspace origami Area - located behind the check-out desk. Ask a librarian for help! Origami paper is available.
There is a resource list of origami books at this link. Look to the left to find the resource lists. Scroll down to origami for book details.
To find the resources below, you will need to sign up for a Harris County Digital Library Card. You will receive an instant email with your access information.
M,T,W 7:00 - 4:00
Thursday 9:00 - 4:00
Friday 7:00 - 3:00